Thursday, December 4, 2008

in between classes...

So, I just got out of my pysch class, we're learning about neuroscience. It kind of coincides with what I'm learnin in A&P. I have English in about fifteen minutes, then I'm done for the day.

Yeah, so yesterday my best friend Matt and I went to Mid Island Drum and Guitar and chilled with the owner, Gino, and the guitar teacher, whatever his name is. Matt was originally going to buy purple bass strings but they ended up being really expensive so he backed out. We were hanging out for a little bit when the guitar teacher picks up his acoustic and starts playing Beatles songs. I asked him if he knew In My Life, and we started jamming. He was a real stickler for playing the songs exactly as they were recorded though, something I have never really done. I kind of just play the way it sounds and incorporate my style into it. But Mr. Guitar Teacher was all about "playing it the right way." Surprisingly he had a really nice voice, I felt like he was trying really hard to imitate McCartney, but whatever, it sounded good. He had a sort of creamy voice but with a little edge and gruff to it, like a creamy mid with a rusty sounding bass and high. Anyways, he showed me this Beatles song I never heard before, Rocky Racoon. It's a nice folksy tune out of The White Album. It's been in my head the whole day and last night too. I think I'll learn how to play it.

No comments: